Save the dates! Our 30th Festival kicks off on January 31 2020!
- Opening Night Film: YOMEDDINE with visiting Egyptian filmmaker Abu Bakr Shawky on Friday, February 1 at the Hollywood Theatre, with film showings at 6:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., followed by a Q&A with the director after each showing.
- Shorts from Emerging African Filmmakers in partnership with the Luxor African Film Festival on Saturday, February 2 at 2:00 p.m. at PCC Cascade. A series of short films from emerging filmmakers from a diverse range of countries in Africa.
- Centerpiece Film: RAZZIA (Morocco) by film director Nabil Ayouch on Friday, February 15 at 7:00 p.m. at the Hollywood Theatre. This film is another haunting jewel from a master storyteller. (Matinee screening at PCC Cascade on Thursday, February 14 at 2:00 p.m.)
- Family Fest Matinee with a concert by BRAVO Youth Orchestras: Saturday, February 23 at 2:00 p.m. at PCC Cascade. This year’s film, LIYANA, is an unusual hybrid of animation and documentary. Working with a children’s orphanage in Swaziland, South African renowned storyteller Gcina Mhlophe helps create a story steeped in imagination and personal experiences of the Swazi children. Beautifully illustrated and grippingly narrated by the children.
- New African Theatre: An afternoon staged reading of “The Homecoming Queen” by Nigerian-American playwright Ngozi Anyanwu, performed by local actors, on Saturday, February 16 at 2:00 p.m., at PCC Cascade. In collaboration with PassinArt: A Theatre Company.