Friends of CFAF
Become a Friend of CFAF today by making an annual contribution to help bring thought provoking new African films and African film directors to Portland audiences free of charge. We are the longest running African Film Festival in the U.S., and we depend on your support to keep this important free community event happening year after year.
While donations in all amounts large and small are welcome, to become a Friend of CFAF we ask for a minimum donation of $35 annually or $25 for students, artists and seniors.
Donate here today. You will be redirected to the Portland Community College Foundation’s secure donation site.
If you prefer to pay by check, please make your check payable to the PCC Foundation, earmarked “CFAF” or “Friends of CFAF,” and mail it to the PCC Foundation, P.O. Box 19000, Portland, OR 97280-0990.
As a Friend of CFAF you become an important member of the community committed to sustaining the Cascade Festival of African Films. Friends of CFAF will receive invitations to film preview parties, receptions for visiting film directors and other events during the festival season.
Your contributions to the Cascade Festival of African Films are tax-deductible. Thank you very much for your support of the Cascade Festival of African Films!
CFAF Endowment Fund
The CFAF Endowment Fund was created by Mary and Bob Holmström in 2010 to build a permanent foundation of support for the Cascade Festival of African Films.
We are thrilled to report that we have successfully raised $33,945.00 in honor of the 30th Cascade Festival of African Films in 2020. Thank you all so much. Every penny donated to the CFAF Endowment Fund is used to generate permanent funding for the festival to ensure that it will forever enrich the community and educate people about Africa through films by African film directors.
We encourage and welcome donations to the CFAF Endowment Fund throughout the year. Here’s how you can donate:
- Online (be sure to select the Designation “Endowment Fund – Long-term Festival Support”)
- By check made payable to the PCC Foundation (with “CFAF Endowment Fund” on the memo) and mailed to the PCC Foundation, PO Box 19000, Portland, OR 97280-0990.
- Make an estate gift by phoning Christina Kline, Interim Executive Director of the PCC Foundation, at 971-722-4607.
Donations in any amount are welcome and are tax deductible.
Thank you for helping to provide permanent support for the longest-running African film festival in the U.S.!
MEMORIALS & TRIBUTES
We also welcome in memoriam and tribute gifts to the CFAF Endowment Fund.
In memory of APRIL ADAMS
Teresa Gipson, M.D.
We’d like to thank the following people who donated to the 30th CFAF Endowment Fund Campaign:
- Mary and Bob Holmström
- Matthew and Ella Essieh
- Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund
- Linda H. Elegant
- Bruce A. Nelson
- Queen of Sheba / Alem Gebrehiwot
- Gloria Halper and Jay Moskowitz
- Catherine H. Dembrow
- Maureen Judge-Morris
- Jackie L. Sandquist
- Nancy M. Yuill
- Tedla Gessesse
- Mark Holman and Cinzia Corio-Holman
- Steve Nakana and Rosalee Francis
- Joseph Smith-Buani
- John Nimmo and Shelly Stratton
- Deborah and George Olsen
- Rebecca Bratter and Ghermay Woldeab
- Mary B. Yosses and Frederick H. Williams
- WAREE (Women Artisans Resource Enterprise) / Haoua Cheick Seip
- Cecilia N. Lebbi
- Beth L. Woodward
- Robert Freeman
- Susan E. Barnett
- Wiley G. Barnett
- Robert and Ellen Currey-Wilson
- Veronica Dujon
- Pedro J. Ferbel-Azcarate
- Candice Goucher
- Patricia W. Johnson
- Richard L. Jones and Rolia Manyongai Jones
- Grace Kuto
- Andrea Lounibos
- Taneisha D. Manning-Granville
- Massene Mboup
- Aaron M. McKee
- Megan E. Phillips
- Antoine T. Stoudamire
- Baba Wagué Diakité
- Karen M. Ward
- Susan Garber
- Steve and Deborah Butzen
- Matthew Chase
- Audrey E. Coates
- Claire Heacock
- Shawn M. Jones
- Kay Veda Pollack
- Patricia Rumer
- Barbara C. Travis
- Janet Stein
- Patricia Ball
- Harriet L. Steinberg
- Paul B. Leitman