Behind the Scenes
After founders and co-directors Mary Holmström and Michael Dembrow stepped down from managing CFAF, Allison Mobley served as the interim coordinator for the 21st and 22nd festivals until a permanent coordinator could be hired.
A national search was conducted and CFAF is thrilled to announce that PCC has hired Tara Foster, an English and film studies instructor at PCC, to teach and coordinate CFAF. Tara has been teaching English and film studies for many years, at PCC Cascade and Chemeketa Community College, and brings a wealth of experience to the position. She began as a volunteer during the 21st CFAF, so you have probably already enjoyed talking with her and seeing her in action. Tara is also the chair of the film sub-committee and has been working closely with veteran film curator Mary Holmström to select and procure films for the festival.
This year, Allison continues as the chair of the communications sub-committee and as assistant coordinator.
December 2012 Newsletter
- Rewind: Looking Back at the 22nd Cascade Festival of African Films
- Behind the Scenes
- Fast Forward: 23rd Festival Opens with a Focus on the African Diaspora in the Caribbean
- Tax Deductible Friendship
- CFAF Classics are available at PCC year round
- Hot off the press
- 23rd CFAF Dedicated to the Memory of Harold Williams